The unique properties of butyl are the fact that it can be completely air and impermeable to gas. Aside from that, it is also very flexible and has good resistance to weathering and ozone, as well as being a good vibration dampener.
- Butyl rubber is a synthetic rubber generally used for applications requiring an air tight seal such as roofing.
- Very good weathering properties.
- Low gas and moisture permeability.
- Good with ozone, ultra violet light, and high and low temperature prevail.
- High resistance to tear, flexing, shock absorption, heat ageing, and chemical attack.
- Not suitable for applications requiring resistance to petrol or lubricating oils.